I bought ice cream at the store this week. The kids were very excited. H kept on running around the kitchen as we put grocery's away asking "Where is the ice cream?" She couldn't take it any longer. She opened the fridge "Is THIS the ice cream?!"
It was lettuce.
Apparently it's be so long since we had ice cream that the girl didn't know what it looks like. (and, it's also apparently been so long since she had a salad that she's forgotten what lettuce looks like!) When we finally did all sit down with our scoop of ice cream the table was absolutely silent. I can't remember the last time all 3 kids were awake and were that quiet. The only time they began to make noise is when their bowl was empty and they wanted more. :)
Now I have to wonder, do I buy ice cream more often and see if I get some regular moments of silence? :)
H was sitting on Roger's lap the other night. She was cuddling up with him, then grabbed his face in what looked like was going to be a sweet gesture and said "Daddy you need to shave!"
J still calls marshmallows "smarshmellos" I like it too much to tell him he's saying it wrong.
H asked me at lunch today "Mommy are you my baby girl?" :) She's too cute.
Visit Mary for more Tiny Talk.
5 comments:
cute! I would have been tempted to say yes on the lettuce and serve it up with great fanfare!
Thanks for visiting my blog too. Congrats on your pregnancy as well! When I was about 8 weeks, I felt it was never going to end but then when I reached the 2nd trimester and began to feel better, it's flown by. It helps when you have other kids running around keeping you on your toes - as you well know! lol.
That is so cute about your kids and the ice cream. Mine are the same way - it's one of the few things that will actually bring silence!
So cute.
Lettuce/ice cream....that is precious.
Congratulations on your pregnancy...that is wonderful!
Love your blog makeover...it is beautiful Valerie.
Love you;
Kimmie
mama to 7
one homemade and 6 adopted
You know, the cheese danish was the only recipe that came from our church cookbook - which in my opinion, is not written very clearly. It'll give directions like add flour - with never mentioning an amount! I guess I never learned to cook like my brethren ancestors!
I see you are in PA - me too!! I don't "know" you, do I? lol
Back to your question - it requires 16 oz total - 2 8 oz blocks! I'll make a change on it and take away the ()
Lettuce vs. Ice cream...ummmm...no contest :)
Great way to get some quiet - nice!
Happy TTT!
Post a Comment