We're moving. 1400 miles away. We leave in 9 days. I started packing today.
:breathe:
Short story...
We lived in TX a few years ago and still own our house. It was under a rent to own contract. The contract was broken. The house is empty. We can't pay for a mortgage down there and our rent up here. We got a call on Wednesday to let us know that the house is empty. We waited until Friday night to make a decision. We had been told that someone might be interested in buying it. We don't have time to play with though. We never got a call... so we go. 1400 miles. With 9 days to get packed and on the road.
Ok, so we wouldn't HAVE to be there so early in March. Roger doesn't have a job lined up though so we are going as early as we can so he has a better chance of finding a job by the end of March. (March mortgage has been paid already)
So I will be packing like a mad woman over the next week. I'll try to blog through some of it... but we'll see how it goes. I will continue to blog when we are in TX.
We are excited about this move even though it is so sudden. We feel that Gods hand is on it and that makes it exciting. Please pray for us though, and our families as they are having a hard time (understandably so) adjusting to this news. Please pray that Roger can find a job quickly and that I am able to find a great Dr right away too. I'm still early enough in my pregnancy that switching Dr's isn't that big of a deal, but I am really attached to my Dr's here. All of my kids were born in the same hospital, in the same room. I'll miss that.
Anyway, thats our news. I should go pack some more. Anyone have empty boxes? I'm running out. :)
8 comments:
Maybe you can come back to deliver... although they don't usually let preggo women on planes that close to due date... and a 21 hour trip in the car isn't really appealing at 9 (10) months either. So.. yeah. Looks like you'll have a TRUE Texan in the family! LOL...
I really really liked the midwife that delivered Selah. In fact, I think she's been my favorite so far. And that's saying A LOT.
xo
WHAT!!! WoW!!! I am so sad, yet happy for you. I am sad cause I never got to know you much better and have a playdate with you. But if God is leading you, you must listen!
Let me know if I can help pack or come over and entertain the kiddos!
But I just found out you are pratically my neighbor :(
I wish I had some boxes to give you, I'll let you know if I come across some big ones!
Um, Ok. So... I guess dinner with our combined families is out, lol. *Sigh* I am happy for you, I know the two of you aren't happy in PA. I hope all of your crew are over the flu bug with this move coming. God Bless.
WOW - that is big news! I think you talked about heading there before, months ago...maybe? Anyway - I can't believe you have 9 days - good luck girl
I am so bummed I won't meet you at the convention now... :(
I hope all goes as smoothly as possible! God bless!
Wow, that's a big move. I'll definitely be praying for you guys!
Oh, my! That's exciting! Also a bit stress-producing, I'm sure.
I can't believe all your kids were born in the same hospital IN THE SAME ROOM. How did you manage that? ;)
I hope the packing is going well, and if I lived close enough, I'd be there to bring boxes, make a meal for you, and help in any way I could.
I know you'll be busy, but keep us posted when you can, OK? :)
Post a Comment