February 16, 2009

Beach Weekend

As usual, these pictures are out of order. I give up getting that part right.

We were invited to go to the beach with some lovely new friends (and they are not just lovely because they invited us to the beach. They truly are great people) :)

There was a playground within walking distance of our house... we missed the shortcut on the way there but found it on the way back. It was um... much shorter.

N played with a big stick. He isn't much of a "slides n' swings" kinda kid. Sticks? That is right up his alley.
This is (obviously) not my girlie pie. The couple that we enjoyed our weekend with have 4 kids. (3 girls and a boy) (Yup, that means there were 4 adults and 7 kids!) She posed for me when she got to the bottom.

Thats my H, getting some air on the slide.
Here's the gang playing cars in the hall. And N was tackling Roger... thats more fun that playing cars.
We hung out on the beach for a short period of time. It was a beautiful day out, in the 50's... but the beach was COLD. I can't remember the last time my ears hurt like that. J really wanted to stay. We're going to have to take a day trip to the beach this summer, you know, when the beach is warm.
Brrrr.
Roger is definitely cut out to have more girls.
All the girls having a little snack. Aren't they cute? :)
Nothing says "vacation" like playing the Wii.

Fun things that I don't have pictures of....

4 adults, 7 kids... we all went to Applebees for dinner. I wish I had a picture of (1) the looks we got as we filed through the restaurant to get to our table (2) the kids, all as good as gold as we ate dinner (3) the looks we got as we filed back OUT of the restaurant. Roger and I had 2 of the girls with us as we walked out... so we were leaving Applebee's with 5 kids... we got some looks. Seriously though, I can't believe how good ALL of the kids behaved. It was one of the best dining experiences I've ever had with kids.

The other Mom of the group playing the Wii. I think if I took a picture that would have been the end of our friendship. :)

Cooking b'fast Sunday morning. The men cooked (ok, I stepped in and helped a little, but I didn't HAVE to) B'fast was delicious (egg, bacon & cheese muffin sandwhiches) I ate 2 and felt sick... but they were so good. I currently have English muffins thawing on my counter so I can make them again.

I don't know what else... it was just an amazing weekend. We were so blessed to have had the chance to hang out and make new friends. Even though the trip ended with H throwing up 3 (or 4?) times on the way home, it was an amazing weekend. Thank you guys SO MUCH for inviting us. You blessed out socks off. :)

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Wow! Looks like you guys had fun! I hope you guys get better soon too :)

Davene said...

Oh, this looks like so much fun!!! How wonderful to have friends like that!

Onzelle said...

Last minute beach vacation huh? Yeah, you're sooooo totally forgiven!

Onzelle