January 6, 2009

Were you born on a weekday?

Did you know that when you fill out paperwork to register your little ones for school they ask questions like How your pregnancy went. Were tools used to aid the birth? At what age did your child start to sit up? Walk?
SERIOUSLY?! That is something that the school needs to know, WHY?

I understand asking questions so that your child can get the best possible education, but I can't see why they need to know how long my labor was and if it resulted in a c-section.

I was trying to find information on what I need to do for #1 to be homeschooled in first grade. I never enrolled him in Kindergarten. Legally I don't need to do anything until he's 8. I think. I can't find much. I did come across that doozy of a registration packet though.

Exciting, eh?

Anyone have any homeschooling info to pass on? Curriculum that you love (or don't)? Tips on registering with your local school district (that's how it's supposed to be done, right?)

I realized today that #1 only has 42 days left of school. That should put us in mid March for the end of Kindergarten. Wow. I have some serious planning to do.




Oh, and I don't think I'm using my kids names in this blog. Until I come up with something snazzy, we are going with #1 -3. I know, so original. So if you comment please leave names out of there as well. Thanks!

1 comment:

Davene said...

Val, I'm THRILLED to reconnect with you! Thanks so much for commenting on my blog so I could find this new blog of yours. It looks so nice, and I'm eager to see what all God does for you this year.

About homeschooling...I could write PAGES about this. For curriculum, we are using Sonlight this year; I'm loving the history part of it, the rest I found not as helpful for us so I'm improvising. About registering with your school district, I know how to do that for my state! But from what I remember, you're in a different one. Are you connected with your state homeschooling organization? Our state organization has a free weekly email that comes out with all kinds of info, plus a great website with tons of resources. If you can find out about yours, that might be a great place to start.

Like I said, I could go on and on about this. Let me know if you have other questions, and I'll try to give you my opinion (though I'm still quite a novice myself!).