We celebrated with a cake (what else?!) at Roger's parents house after church today. I forgot my camera when we went to his parents house, but I have a picture of the cake from 1:30am (when I finally finished it).
And if all goes well, I'll be having a baby a week after my Sister in Law! :) Just days before Hannah's 3rd birthday.
yup let that sink in a minute. :)
I have to be honest with you here, it was hard for me to announce this pregnancy so soon. We just found out a few days ago, I am not really all that far along. My Dr is going to be mad at me. We were supposed to wait another month to (try to) get pregnant. But, stuff happens and here we are. With child. :) I am so excited I can't keep it to myself. But there is a nagging fear that I will lose this baby too. Based on how I feel, it's very comparable to the two miscarriages I've had. I don't want to snuff out my excitement over this baby because of what fears are lurking in 1st trimester life. So I am sharing our joy with you! If God chooses to take this baby before we meet, I will still praise Him. For now, I am overjoyed with thoughts of having another little baby to hold in my arms.
Whew! So, that's our big news. Oh, and this July Roger's brother is getting married. My SIL and I will be looking stunning in the July heat feeling as big as a whale. :)
I can't wait!
Psalm 100
1 Shout for joy to the LORD, all the earth.
2 Worship the LORD with gladness;
come before him with joyful songs.
3 Know that the LORD is God.
It is he who made us, and we are his [a] ;
we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.
4 Enter his gates with thanksgiving
and his courts with praise;
give thanks to him and praise his name.
5 For the LORD is good and his love endures forever;
his faithfulness continues through all generations.

3 comments:
Hi Valerie!
I found your blog through the comment you left on Kimmie's blog and wanted to stop by to say hi! Congratulations on your pregnancy, I'll be praying for everything to go well.
The cake you made is beautiful, what a talent you have!
Love, Velvia
Woo--hooo! congratulations! I am so very happy for you guys!
How wonderful! I'm so happy for you!!!
I had so many of those same feelings at the beginning of this pregnancy. I knew I couldn't hold in the news so we announced it right away, but I too had similarities between this pregnancy and my miscarriage so it was a nervous time.
At least, since we know, we can walk with you down the path God lays out for you, whatever it might be.
But I'm praying that all will go well and that little baby will grow strong and healthy and fill your arms someday!
Post a Comment