If you can look past how long Nehemiah's hair was and how little Hannah looks, look at that dining room! Border paper, orange walls, and a paper bag wall treatment. We replaced the light fixture, took down the border paper and paper bag stuff, painted the top half and did venetian plaster on the bottom, and put in a new floor.
As silly as it sounds, I think the hallway is one of my favorite before/after shots! We painted. A lot. Our hallway is not lacking in the door department. So. Much. Trim. The carpet was also ripped out and we put in new floor.
I forgot just how dark the master bath was. In this room we took down the wallpaper, painted the brown wainscoting a bright white and the top a neutral beige, replaced the counter top, sink, faucet, and door pulls/knobs. The room looks SO much better, but I'm still a little bummed that we ran out of budget to do the shower. If we were staying here we would have done things in a different order. We did stuff with resale in mind though, so the shower kept getting bumped to the bottom of the list.
That's all I have time for right now. More to come. I'll keep working at getting pictures up and I'll have one big post of all of them together so you can see everything at once. I don't have all of the before pictures that I wish I had. I was too busy LOOKING at the house, deciding whether or not we wanted to buy it. My after pictures were taken quickly the evening the Realtor was here. I knew the house would never look QUITE so nice again so I snapped pictures even though it was dark o' clock outside.
I think the pictures still wow. :) I'm a bit biased though.



1 comment:
Great job!
Post a Comment