Hannah will help me in the kitchen on occasion but she isn't usually the first to offer a helping hand. If she is offered the chance to use her Easy Bake Oven though... look out! That girl will cook up a storm. Well... a large crumb. Let's face it, the EBO doesn't really make much. Sometimes I wish she would have gotten a large toaster oven instead. But they don't come in purple, so it wouldn't have been near as cool. :)
We don't use the EBO mixes, I think I have mentioned that before. So that means more measuring and pouring. This particular day I surprised Hannah and told her she could make a double layer cake. She was SO excited! She measured and did everything herself.
Adaiah was quality control. :)
This taste tester needed to wash it all down with some milk.
Little sister helped stir the icing. She was convinced that the icing was hers because it was pink. That's what happens when you assign the kids colors, everything under the sun that is their color becomes theirs (so they think).
For 45 minutes the kitchen was a whirlwind of excitement. Cakes going in and out of the EBO, icing being made, and squeals of delight as the kitchen started smelling like chocolate cake.
Hannah was so proud of her cake. It had two layers just like Mommy's cakes! :) She did most of the icing herself, but asked for help because she couldn't make it smooth like my cakes.
I like how excited she was about baking. Even more, I love that she was more excited to serve it to her brothers and sister. She wanted to make sure everyone enjoyed it (that's why it has sprinkles... who doesn't like sprinkles?!). She is such a sweetheart. She is really developing a servants heart. And if she wants to serve me cake, who am I to stop her?






1 comment:
Oh the smiles, oh the chocolate smudges on faces, oh the delight. what beautiful happy children.
Kimmie
mama to 8
one homemade and 7 adopted
Post a Comment