So I realized that after my last post a few people had no idea we were living in a hotel. It's probably time I blog and fill y'all in on whats been going on with us.
Our house went on the market just as the school year was ending. Specifically, the second to last day of school. It was a week later than I had hoped, but it took us that long to finish things up. We had our first showing a few days later, followed by a 2nd showing (to the same couple) the very next day. We never heard from them again. And that started the roller coaster ride of selling our house. To make a very long story short, we closed on our house in August... and didn't have a new place to move into. We put an offer in on 4 houses over the course of a few months. For one reason or another things just weren't working out. The day before we moved out of our house we looked at a house for sale (cause we had nothing better to do - ha!) and put an offer on it that same day. (that was house #4) We moved from our old house into a rental house that our Realtor found for us. Again, long story short, the house was infested with cockroaches, so we were there for 3 weeks and moved into a hotel from there. 3 weeks at the hotel, and now we are FINALLY in our new house!!! We are enjoying it here, but are still trying to get settled in. We bought a foreclosure and there wound up being a few things that needed repair/replaced that we didn't know about. (Our inspector was a moron... that's part of the roller coaster)
We left some gifts at our old house for the new owners. They had an 18 month old little girl and a baby boy on the way. This was a great way to help bring some closure. I didn't realize how emotional I would be about leaving this house, but I was.
The kids were too. It was a rough night. Driving away, the car was filled with sobbing children. Broke my heart.
Nehemiah probably reacted the hardest. He thrives on routine. He doesn't like change. So this was a big deal for him.
Joseph tried to stay strong, but in the last minutes he couldn't fight back tears anymore.
I think the 6 week break of not having a house was actually good in some aspects. I think it made the kids appreciate our new house so much more.
The rental kitchen had 6 cabinets. I only used 2 because even though I cleaned them all, the others were occupied by cockroaches.
Our new house.
I can't wait to rip those shrubs out.
The fireplace needs to be cleaned before we can use it. Roger seems to think that fireplaces are just for pretty in East Texas, but I want to throw some logs on it and make some smores! :) Some day...after we have someone come out and clean it.
So that's where we are now. Unpacking, getting settled, finding our routine again. We started our school year while we were in the rental, continued with it at the hotel, but took a break while we moved into the new house. Monday we need to get crackin' again. We are loving our curriculum this year and haven't had many battles over school at all - which is huge!
Consider yourself updated. :) Come back soon and see (more) pictures of the new place.








1 comment:
OH MY GOODNESS! LOOK at that house! I love the outside- it looks so cute! YIPPEEEEE! I can't wait to see/hear more about it! Yay! I need to use more exclamation points to let you know how excited I am for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
Post a Comment