October 18, 2011

My day

8am: wake up. A few of the kids were up since 7:30 and watching cartoons.  I don't like waking up with a 7 on the clock, so I stayed in bed. Besides, I really can't stand Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.
8:10: get breakfast ready.  My children and husband are creatures of habit and prefer cereal.  I'm not such a fan but I'm outnumbered.
8:12: the girls decide they don't like the cereal they chose. Hannah had chex and Adaiah had Kashi. It's too early to argue so I pour strawberry mini-wheats on top of their now rejected cereal. They only eat the ones covered in pink.
8:20: clear the table and wash some dishes while Joseph gets out some school work.
8:30: bust out the globe, world map, history book, sketch pad, and pencils to go over Josephs assignment... to draw the Chesapeake Bay, James River, and label Jamestown - all of which were in his book and he was to copy the map pictured, just bigger.
I spent the next hour+ coaxing him to finish.  He started off strong but decided that it was too hard. His finished project was pretty good though. I was happy with it.
After he finished his map I gave him a break to chill out (since he got so worked up about it)

9:30: go over some paper work with Roger. Make a few phone calls.
10:00: wonder if Adaiah ever got a new diaper when she woke up this morning. (thankfully she did, I just don't remember changing it)
10:10: start a load of laundry, finish some dishes


11:00: realize that once again I waited too long to start lunch and no matter what I make off of my menu this week it won't be done in time for Roger to go to work.
11:15: instruct Roger to make pb&j while I make some stuff to go with it. (we had yogurt & grape parfaits and chips w/ guacamole)
11:30: eat lunch
12:00: say good bye to Roger, clean up lunch, wash more dishes
12:15: shoo kids out the back door with some chalk while I finish dishes and get ready to bake some cookies for company coming
check on the kids every 45 seconds (I can see and hear them from where I was in the kitchen.. and they kept calling me to show me what they drew)
3:00: call it done in the kitchen.  The girls wound up helping me.  The boys ate cookies. Wash more dishes
3:30: I laid down in bed hoping that Adaiah would lay down with me.  I had no intention of sleeping, just getting her to sleep.  My plan kinda worked, she fell asleep but I became super tired.
3:45: hang out with the older kids, I think we watched Phineas and Ferb?, checked email
4:40: Roger called on his dinner break (he always does).  We chat. I always wish he would be on his way home instead of on break. Why can't he work from 12-4? ;)
4:45: Adaiah is up.
5:00: off the phone with Roger...  now I need to feed the kids dinner.  I'm not hungry. The kids aren't begging for food. I decide to wait.
Adaiah was begging to watch Berenstain Bears on youtube so I put it on.  Hannah and Adaiah begin to argue over who is in control of the laptop.  Adaiah pushes  buttons, Hannah pushes other buttons... and I wonder why I ever said yes. 
I changed the movie to Parent Trap (the one with Lindsay Lohan) and Adaiah wandered off to torment the boys.  Hannah watched.
5:30: check email, get mail, roll my eyes
5:40: I really should feed the kids now.  Who wants cereal for dinner?!
6:30: the kids discover AFV is on tv until bedtime.   I decide it's something they watch together, without arguing, that brings great laughter... go for it.
I cleaned the bathroom, took out some trash, did laundry, cleaned up a bedroom, cleaned up the kitchen (most of it, where do all of these dishes come from!?), packaged up the last of the cookies so they don't get stale, and watched AFV.
7:30: realized the ONLY school that was done today was that stupid map. Looked over my lesson plans and realized today was actually a pretty fun day of things to do... but we didn't have near enough time to work on them now. Where did the day go?
Sent kids to put on pj's and brush teeth. 
8:00: snuggled with my kiddos while we watched MORE AFV
8:30: sent them to bed during a commercial.
9:00: blogging... but the dishes are calling.  I'm taking donations for a new dishwasher.

2 comments:

Job38 said...

Hugs to you. I know it's hard to get school work done. And dishes done and dinner, ect. Being a mom is not for wimps that's for sure. It's also not for people that need to be praised all the time cuz that doesn't happen often. LIke, no one applauds me when I keep up with the laundry....what's up with that? :)

Valerie said...

Ha! I would SO like it if someone applauded when I keep up with the laundry... or the dishes. I mean, really, is that too much to ask? :)