September 25, 2011

Hotel Livin'

We have survived 2 weeks of hotel living.  I know, it might not sound like much but keep in mind that this isn't vacation.  Roger is working.  The kids still have school to do.  Laundry needs to be washed and put away.  Meals need to be prepared.  In other words, life keeps going on... it's just going on in the hotel.  So here is a glimpse at our hotel life. 
Cable tv.  The rule is no tv before school.  Most days I enforce that rule.
I've tried to google where I can buy hotel furniture.  It's awesome.  You can spill stuff on it and wipe it right up.  I'm in love. 

Did I mention that our room comes with 2 tv's?  The kids have heard of families with 2 tv's  To them THIS is living. :)  (haha!)
Free wi-fi.  Yay for us! :)
Kitchen.  Suh-weet!  When I booked this room for us I didn't realize that it came with a kitchen.  All I knew was that it allowed 6 people to a room.  Our room, as it turns out, is actually 2 rooms.  We have a bedroom and a living room/kitchen.  I feel spoiled - even though we lost about 1400 square feet compared to the rental house we stayed at. 
The kids still have school to do.  We are using a new curriculum this year and for the most part we love it.  There are a few things I think we'll change for next year, but that is part of the beauty of this curriculum.  You can change some things around and really make it work for you.  Our hotel room has school supplies tucked into a few different spots.. and yet we still don't have near enough. I can't wait to unpack all of our school supplies! :)
I brought my crockpot and my Ninja. I failed at making crockpot brownies, but I have made quite a few smoothies that were rather delicious. :) 
Our room has a beautiful view of the hotel's courtyard. 
When the kids are too hyper to be inside we head out and they run.
I may or may not hold my breath the entire time Adaiah runs down the hill.
She has asked for pigtails almost every day since we've been here.  I'm happy to give in to her request.  :)
The kids keep me laughing with their childlike hearts. 
Precious.
Our clothes are all crammed into 2 little hotel dressers.  The boys clothes are all in 1 drawer.  In the above picture, Joseph is actually wearing Nehemiah's shirt.  While it is true that we probably do need to go shopping for some bigger shirts for him, this shirt is only super short because it isn't his. :)
Nehemiah got a haircut.  Kinda.  Well, he did, but I think this picture is a before. Roger couldn't stand watching Nehemiah walk around with his head up and his eyes down... so I cut his bangs.  A few days later I brought him to Sports Cuts and let them fix it.  (It wasn't that bad, but he needed ALL of his hair cut and I didn't bring the scissors to the hotel.)  I love that they left it long.  For the first time since moving to TX someone told me the other day that they love his long hair.  Yay! :)  I do too!
Nehemiah is not liking that his birthday is so far away from the girls birthday.  He will tell you that he is 6 AND A HALF.  Don't you dare miss that half.  He needs to have a birthday soon... cause he reaaaaaalllly wants some Angry Birds stuff. :)
I'm in denial that my baby just turned 2.
 This picture looks like an ad for Steak-ums.  I can't believe I even bought Steak-ums.  Thinking about it now makes me gag.  The room smelled like dog food for days.
Her cuteness makes cooking in a tiny little kitchen fun.  (kinda)


The kids ask me no less that 1,476 times a day if we can go swimming.
I've been brave and taken them all by myself a few times. 
Nehemiah likes to hang out on the steps.  He geeks if you take him any further in, but has a grand ole time if he can just play at the steps.  I'm pretty sure he gets that from me. :)
Most days we are the only people in the pool.  Which is good. 
I don't like sharing. :)
The pool is an indoor pool, but it's on the opposite side of the hotel from our room. 
The quickest route is through the courtyard, which we happily take so we don't have to walk through the main lobby.

A bonus of hotel living is that I don't have to get breakfast ready.  The kids go to breakfast in their pj's, we grab some food that someone else prepared (Manuela, she's sweet, speaks little English, and laughs a lot.  I want to bring her home with me.) and then I don't have to wash any dished when we are done.  It's the best for a non-morning person like me. :)
And THAT is a re-cap of our past 2 weeks.  A little peek inside a hotel where a family of 6 has taken over.  Blogging is scarce right now, and probably will be for a few more weeks as we get moved into the new (to us) house, unpack, and figure out our school routine.

Our new house is a foreclosure.  It's a fixer upper.  It's a mess.  So brace yourself.  You'll be seeing before and after pictures again.  You'll get to vote on paint colors.  (and maybe I'll listen) ;)
I'll be back.  Soon.  I think this post has enough pictures to hold you over for awhile. (coughcoughmomcoughcough)

2 comments:

Mom said...

cough, cough, I'll survive. cough , cough. see you soon

Job38 said...

Hi, Valerie! It's been too long since we have connect. I'll have to keep reading further down your blog to find out about your housing situation, cuz I'm a little bit clueless.