Yes, yes. I am still here (Mom!) My computer is darn near dead and it doesn't do what I want it to do very often. I need to find the cord for my camera so I can just use Roger's computer for blogging. His doesn't have the built in SD slot like mine does... so I haven't had to use the cord in well over a year. But... you all don't really want to hear about my computer woes so... on to the pictures. :)
Adaiah had a late nap one day and stayed up after the big kids were in bed. She passed her time by playing the Wii with Daddy.
She can now say "Donkey Kong". Really.
Hannah continues to love school. She gets upset if she thinks I didn't give her enough work to do. She is 2 pages away from finishing her handwriting book. That little fact just makes her face light up. :) (note: in the picture she was playing school.)
My oldest and my youngest. *sigh* They grow up SO fast. I love this picture of the two of them.... even if Adaiah wouldn't keep that 2nd hair bow in! :)
I found this play-doh shirt at Walmart for $3. It's a (juniors?) size small. The neck is big but the rest fits her fine (well, if you think of it as a dress and not a shirt!) She LOVES it and wears it as a nighty. I will have to get crafty and come up with a way to make the neckline smaller. Maybe add a ruffle at the bottom. Anything to make my play-doh queen happy.
Whats wrong with this picture? Adaiah at the table doing math...and Nehemiah in the background watching tv (Superwhy?). Mmmhmmm. It's a good thing Nehemiah actually learns something from watching PBS. ;)
The next few weeks are busy busy busy around here. We are trying to finish up our house. Painting, flooring, painting, and did I mention painting? The last room to be painted is the kids room and we started that the other day. We need to rearrange some furniture and then finish painting the walls in there. THEN we have the fun job of painting all of the ceilings in the house. I have been putting that one off. Our hallway and bathroom are currently down to the subfloor... and have been for longer than I care to remember. The bedrooms have hardwood floor that the previous people destroyed. So we need to get new floor for the bedrooms as well. And then, (here's the exciting part) after all of that hard work we can put our house on the market! That part keeps me going. Oh, but one little thing... in the middle of all of that painting and flooring, I will be making a wedding cake for 200 people. Eek! I'm excited to do it but kinda nervous.
Speaking of cake... here is the latest of my cake making...
A 1st Birthday pirate cake.
This was for a cake tasting (for the wedding cake coming up) Chocolate dipped strawberry flavor. Yum!
More for the cake tasting. The blue on the left was a fail. It was yellow cake with Irish Cream Buttercream iciing. Um, no. The middle is Yellow cake with strawberry jam and french vanilla buttercream. The right is Snickerdoodle cupcake with cinnamon buttercream. Yum and yum.
1 comment:
It's so nice to read a new post from you! The cakes - oh my, they look super. You are so talented!
Post a Comment