February 5, 2011

The girls got haircuts!

I've only cut Hannah's hair once before.  I think she might have had a little trim once too.  Her hair was long and beautiful... but it was always tangled.


I cut 7 inches off.  She wanted me to go shorter.  I was already taking deep breaths because I wasn't sure if I should have just cut all of her hair off!
We both love it though.  Except for the part about her curl being gone.  :(

Adaiah was next.  Girlie has some long hair...
with wings.
The only part of her hair that I touched was the sides.  Roger has wanted me to cut those little parts for months now but I just couldn't do it until now.
I'm glad I did.  It looks so much better.
See?  No wings! :)
My beautiful girls with their new do's.  :) (all ruffled up because they were goofing around.  Silly girls)

2 comments:

Davene Grace said...

You did a great job!

It's funny because when I was reading your blog recently, I kept thinking, "Wow, Hannah has such long hair. I can't believe how much it's grown! How do they ever keep it from being so tangled?" I remembered my own long hair when I was little, and Mom always put it in braids because otherwise it would be a complete tangled mess.

And then to see her haircut! :)

I think that was wise...and ya know, it'll grow back. :)

Valerie said...

:) Thanks Davene. I needed that reminder that it will grow back. I think it looks nice short but part of me is a bit sad that it isn't long anymore. She got compliments on her hair all the time. That was really special to her because she is very self conscious of her hair. She's the only blond in the house and she doesn't like it. She does love her short hair though so I'm happy! (just sentimental) :)