Hannah: Daddy you need to get out of those clothes (pajamas) and take out the trash. It's overflowing!
There are 2 things that I love about that sentence. First, she didn't even think about saying something to me. She just went straight to Daddy. Second, she thought it was important that he wasn't seen outside in his pj's.
I recently came across our marriage counseling papers. Taking out the trash was totally something I listed in the "things I expect my husband to do" category. I can count the number of times I have taken out the trash in the 9 years we have been married. My husband is good to me. :)
Of course, the marriage counseling papers also said that Roger expected me to have dinner ready at a decent time. Yes folks, I still married him. And since the only thing the man knows how to make is microwaved hot dogs I guess I must be fulfilling my expectations fairly well too. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment