December 23, 2009

Josephs Birthday

Josephs birthday was low key this year. We didn't have a birthday party, but we did drag out his birthday celebrations with just us for as long as we could. :)

He wanted a Star Wars cake. And by that he meant he wanted a light saber. He has never seen Star Wars. And Roger had to tell me that the sword is in fact a light saber and not "that sword thing". Live and learn.
Anyway, as I was making his cake Joseph walked into the kitchen and asked if he could help.

He carefully squeezed the piping bag and made the border.


He was so proud of himself. (I was proud of him too!)



Told you this was low key. A cookie sheet instead of a cake board. Single layer cake instead of one with many layers.
Joseph rolled the fondant and made the light saber himself. I wrote Happy Birthday and he wrote his name. I think this is the best Birthday cake ever!




Please excuse the pj's with the hole in the leg. I just love this picture and don't have photo shop. :) It's hard to get a picture of Joseph smiling a true smile. He has a cheesy smile most times. Apparently the trick to capturing a real smile is to give him presents. Preferably of the Lego variety. :) I love his smile.



A few days before his birthday we went to the science place to have a little fun.

I think I could have played at this spot for hours. :)
Isn't she a cute little lion?
We were the only people there for quite some time. Which was nice, because the kids played in this room for a sweet forever.
Even Adaiah liked watching the balls go around. :)



And just like that my boy is 7. I feel old. He's old. I told him the other day that it's all downhill from here. :) He laughed and said (in a sing song voice) "You're 31!" Goober.



Joseph on his 1st Birthday

His little pudgy fingers. His droopy little cheeks. If only he would let me smother him with kisses now like he let me do then.
I don't like this growing up thing. Not one bit.

No comments: