December 25, 2009
Christmas Part 2
Something about having kids makes Christmas so much more fun. I know Christmas isn't about the gifts. It's not about what is wrapped under the tree. (Some years our tree only knew a fake box wrapped in pretty paper.) It is all about God and the Son that he sent for us. The Son that would later save us all by his death on the cross. I get that. But I also get that Jesus is just that special of a guy that everyone celebrates. :) And celebrate we did.
Our tree after I finally finished pulling everything out of hiding. Not everything under it is from us. My mom had gifts shipped down to the kids. This was our first Christmas EVER that we did not go to my parents house. Although we enjoyed our lazy day at home, I would have gladly changed out of my pj's to go spend some time with my mom! (you too Dad and Brian) :)
The (still need to finish) stockings all hung and filled.
Joseph scared the tar out of me at 7:30am. He stormed into my room loudly announcing "It's Christmas! Get up! It's Christmas!" Adaiah is still in her little swaddle blanket and Nehemiah is wiping the sleep from his eyes. Hannah... I'm guessing is standing back from the early morning craziness. (sidenote: isn't that bedroom floor lovely? *rolling eyes* Sanding the floor isn't very high on my to-do list but I think the longer I look at that floor the further up it moves on that list)
Joseph is ready to go in for the kill. Nehemiah is trying to figure out where all the stuff came from and Hannah is still keeping her distance. Josephs energy level was just WILD for any time before 8am.
Is he giving me the stink eye? Watch it mister. I broke the "only buying stocking stuffers for each other" rule. You're gonna like it. So smile. :)
Hannah loves to draw. What better gift for a 3 year old artist than a box of 96 crayons?!
There was no wiping that smile off of his face. Not even when we told him it was too cold to play with his new soccer goals.
and this little guy... he was SO into it this year. With everything he opened we heard a "wow! That is so cool!" or "ooooh! Awesome!" I loved it. Pure joy.
Adaiah was still trying to wake up (or was she trying to stay asleep?) She likes this little seahorse/glow worm thingie.
And there is that smile I love. I like it when my husband smiles. He has dimples that just make me melt. Add that with the fact that he is holding our baby girl... dangerous grounds. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
awwww! You guys are so cute! Hey- that stocking holder thing is WAY cool- where'd you get that? Merry Christmas to all of you- and glad to hear it went well!
Post a Comment