As much as Christmas is about celebrating the birth of our Lord and Savior, it is also about traditions. Everyone has (or wants to have) those few things you do every year that your children will remember and love. One of those traditions that we have is Christmas Eve pajamas. It was something that we did growing up for as long as I can remember. Even though it was "just pajamas" it was fun to open a gift on Christmas Eve. And it's really a score for the parents because new pj's make for cuter pictures on Christmas day (assuming no one has spit up on or wet through said pajamas.... not that we have ever experienced that.) (ahem) :)

Joseph is 7. He is at the age now where Christmas Eve is torture. He knows whats coming. There are presents to be had. Overkill of fun (if there is such a thing) is just hours away but first... is bedtime. Oh the horror. Hey, at least there is joy in new pj's. :)

Hannah was talking to Joseph here. I think they were telling each other to wait, don't open anything yet. They were waiting for Nehemiah to join them....
... which I don't have a picture of. The boy sat down and those presents were opened faster than you can say spanakopita.

So. True. We don't include Santa in our Christmas, but this shirt was just too cute to pass up.

Joseph has been itching to hold Adaiah standing up. I'm not sure what is so exciting about it, but he was one happy boy for getting to hold her like that. I loved babies when I was little, I'm sure thats something that would have tickled me to no end too but I really have no idea why. :)

If you squint you can see the snow we were blessed with on Christmas Eve. It was beautiful to watch. And I rejoice that it was here and gone with no evidence of it ever being here.
Please excuse the trashcans. On the 23rd we had terrible rain and the threat of tornadoes. The cans were at the curb and I quickly brought them to the house. They belong at the back fence. I wonder how long they are going to stay there. Honey, are you reading this? Move the trash cans. They look terrible there.
No comments:
Post a Comment