Anyway, that was just a moment of embarrassing honesty. Thats not what I set out to talk about. The start of the New Year is always buzzing with resolutions. While I don't like the idea of labeling something as a resolution, because we all know that they don't last past February, I do like the idea of setting goals. I like the idea of evaluating the past year and noting where improvements could be made for the new year. So thats what I am going to do. Set goals, and do my best to meet them be years end. In no particular order, my goals for 2010
- with the rest of America, losing weight is on the list. I was SOO close to where I wanted to be before I got pregnant with Adaiah. I won't even tell you how far I am now. Wouldn't trade her for my skinny jeans, but I've got my work cut out for me. :)
- pay down debt. Living like no one else so later we can live like no one else. (Dave Ramsey)
- Be more fun. Say yes more. Be spontaneous with the kids - trips to the zoo or the museum (which we can do thanks to some Christmas gifts! Thanks!!)
- Re-read The Purpose Driven Life - and then APPLY IT.
- Re-focus our family with Christ at the center. I could write a lot about this one so I think I'll make that a separate post later on.
- finish all projects that have been started on the house! Ugh!
I think thats it. I could expand on those but I think I'll just keep it at that and write about some of them in more detail later on. We had dubbed 2009 as the year of organization. It was quite the year. I think 2010 is going to be a year of growth. (um, except for the waist, lets hope that shrinks) ;)
Have a Happy 2010 everyone! If you know the Lord may you find joy in his every day blessings. If you don't know Him it is my prayer that 2010 would bring you to the cross and that you experience the true joy that can only be found in Him.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
No comments:
Post a Comment