After we opened our gifts we hopped onto skype and opened gifts with my mom. Some things in life are just bittersweet. It's awesome that technology allowed us to bridge the gap of 1400 miles via a webcam, but it just wasn't the same as sitting in her living room with the smells of eggplant parm and lasagna filling the air, and my dad shuffling his feet into the room and grumbling about the star not being straight on the tree (or whatever he is grumbling about at the time, he's a professional grumbler) (Dad, are you reading this? Hi. Love you) :) Anyway, where was I? Oh yes, so we were opening more presents while skype cut in and out. Later in the day we switched over to gmail chat. Much better. Soooo much better.
Everything was open and the kids were officially as excited as could be. They didn't know which way to go. Toys were everywhere and they had to decide which protective plastic wrap to tear off first! :)

Roger didn't have that problem though. He knew exactly what he was going to do. No question about it. You get Lego's. You build Lego's.

1)This was something we opened a lot later in the day, but blogger uploads pictures weird and I don't feel like switching them all around. :) 2)I have no idea what Joseph is doing in this picture. 3) they are going to have a lot of fun with these when we can play with them outside of the living room. :) Bikes and monster trucks.... good times.

This is a color matching game. It's a chicken that lays eggs and you have to collect certain colors in your egg carton. Cute game. The kids love it. Eggs are everywhere. (but it's nothing like the
bee game.) (shudder)

Hannah got a puzzle where you match colors/textures. We own a lot of puzzles, but most are packed away because they tend to dump them out and walk away. I realize that it's only the 26th, but this puzzle has great potential to be out all the time.

First can we just acknowledge those dimples? He is too cute. He's laughing because he is playing some sort of flying game on Wii Sports Resort. The funny part comes when you crash the plane and your man flies out. He is a twisted little boy. ;)

Joseph has been asking us to buy Sports Resort since it first came out. He tried to get it for his birthday last week but luckily the store was sold out. We already had it all wrapped on top of the kitchen cabinets. (Thanks Grandma!) Notice his sleeves pushed up. He is sword fighting and starting to break a sweat.

I refuse to trim her bangs. I just need to find a bow that will stay in her hair and we'll call her Pebbles. I have a nice collection of bows, but none of them stay. Anyway, this isn't about her hair. Isn't this toy cute? I love it. She loves it. As long as I can keep the other kids from spinning her around we're good.

Hannah has a weak spot for play doh. She just has to squish it and roll it.... and apparently smell it. She carried it around to each and every one of us "wanna smell my play doh?"
(yes, that is a chocolate chip poptart on the table. I buy poptarts (1) when I'm in the hospital having a baby or (2) for stocking stuffers - thats it)
The End. :)
2 comments:
1. don't knock the pop-tarts. They are emergency food- for when you have ABSOLUTELY no desire to make breakfast, or even pretend to be a grownup.
2. Adaiah looks EXACTLY like you- in the one where she's on the bouncy-weird toy thingy... really... exactly like you when you were little.
3.Glad everyone is enjoying the games- LOL, we might have to give wii-resort a try, everyone's been talking about it!
Looks like a beautiful celebration...sorry about the bittersweet part.
Have you tried the tiny rubber elastics...not coated in anything for her hair? Just cut them out, instead of trying to pull them out like coated elastics.
Kimmie
mama to 7
one homemade and 6 adopted
Post a Comment