August 17, 2009

The Dr saga continures

I am trying to get a Dr lined up for when the baby is born. They see a Dr a lot in those first weeks, and mine, if she has jaundice like the rest of the kiddos did, will see a Dr more often than most. I was hoping for a family Dr instead of a pediatrician. I just like having a Dr that knows Roger and his health background and a Dr that knows us, as parents, when we walk in the door. We had such a good r'ship with our Dr's in PA. I realize that we will not have that here, that type of Dr just doesn't exist BUT I was hoping for a family practice.

So... here we go...

I called the # for a family practice located right down the road from us. That # connected me to someone wanting to schedule an appointment. I said I didn't want an appointment, I just had a few questions. All of a sudden the phone was ringing and I was talking to someone else. I asked her my questions and she told me to call the number that I had just called! So, armed with a Dr's name and a phone number that I already knew, I called again. "Hi, this is ____ would you like to make an appointment?" um, no not really. I want to know if Dr___ sees infants in his practice. " That Dr isn't there anymore. You would have to see Dr___ and she doesn't see younger than 2 months. Would you like to schedule an appt?"

Called another number - this time for a pediatrician.

I was fowarded to the same thing as before. Only this time instead of answering my question, they hung up.

I can't handle all of this drama.

So now I think we'll just drive out there (which I know they frown upon. Everything is supposed to be scheduled through a main office number, which is not located in any actual Dr's office) and ask our questions and go from there. Oh joy.

2 comments:

Davene said...

What is up with all these doctors in Texas??? I sure wish you lived here so you could use my dad as your family doctor. Have any desire to move to Virginia? ;)

And wow--37 weeks! You are getting so close! I can hardly wait to read your big news and join you in welcoming your new daughter!!!

Christin said...

Was it that dr. office that we used when we lived there? With Dr. F? If she's gone somewhere else, try and find her. She is amazing...AND she saw our newborn.

I'm soooo sorry that you're still dealing with this. :(