August 29, 2009

Baby Shower!

Today I was so extremely blessed. Some very kind ladies from church threw me a baby shower. I only know 3 people, and many more than 3 people showed up to celebrate the (soon to be) arrival of our little girl. I am still trying to wrap my brain around how that works.


There were a few little ones that came with their Mama's to the shower. This is Miss Clara. She just recently turned 1 and she is the sweetest little thing. Her Mama is there on the floor. Don't ask me her name, I don't remember. I've talked to her at church before, but I remember babies names, not adults. :)
I have no idea who these women are. (Ok, the one on the far right I do. She taught in Hannah's class one Sunday and Hannah really liked her) They gave up their Saturday morning to come honor me with a shower. I need to get to know these women. They are amazing people and I was blessed to spend my morning with them.
2nd from the right, that is Angie. She was the ring leader in throwing this shower for me. :) She is also the Pastors wife. Very sweet lady. :) 2nd from left is Stacey. She helped with shower stuff too. Thank you ladies!! (Celeste, I don't have a picture of you!! Thank you for your part in the shower planning. You all just blessed my socks off) :)
And this was my cake. Isn't it cute?! (Can't take credit for it. I didn't do this one)

These ladies didn't just come for some free cake. ;) They came, bearing gifts. Gifts for a stranger and her baby. (Really, I am having such a hard time understanding why these women chose to bless me the way they did) I received some amazing things. Adorable clothes, diapers, hair bows... :) I had so much fun and enjoyed meeting new people. I hope to spend some more time with these women and get to know them all a little better.


And... since we are in the topic of showers...

my mom threw me a "shower" via Skype. She mailed me a package and instructed me NOT TO TOUCH IT until we were talking on Skype. :) So, from 1400 miles away she watched me open presents for baby girl. I don't have any pictures of it because Roger wandered off to help the kids assemble the things that Grandma sent for them. I do have a picture of some of the things I have been oh so blessed with. I went from having NOTHING for baby #4 to having just as much as a 1st time Mom. God is good.

My Sister In Law sent me the cute stuff in the photo above.
This bassinet thingie was a gift from my mom. (The lamb is what the kids made from Build A Bear)
That is a portion of what my mom sent. Baby girl is going to be a fashion model for Carter's ;)


Thanks to EVERYONE who blessed me (us) with not only your gifts but your kindness and your company. I am one lucky lady to have friends and family like you. :)

and for your viewing and laughing pleasure.... here is a picture of me. 38 weeks and 2 days.

3 comments:

Christin said...

Valerie, I'm SOOOOOO blessed FOR YOU! How amazing that those women did that.

it's all coming back to me. Texas wasn't all that bad. While they did have fireants, they also had AMAZING people who really knew how to LOVE in actions. Love it.

jmo said...

I am so VERY excited and happy for you. What a wonderful shower that must have been- and now you have a lovely new group of women to get to know better too! :) YAY!

Davene said...

You look just like you're supposed to look! That beautiful shape of yours is growing a BABY!

It's definitely encouraging to read this post and be reminded of how incredible God's family is. I'm so glad you're feeling especially taken care of now!