April 18, 2009

Tiny Talk Tuesday

Every once in awhile I remember to write down the funny things the kids say. When I do, I am lucky enough to participate in Tiny Talk Tuesday over at Not Before 7. She's taking a break this week, but I thought I would still link you to her so you could check out some past TT's. And I couldn't save my TT for next week. I'm just not patient like that. :)


My delicate, dainty, always a lady, daughter was eating dinner tonight. She let out a belch that would scare the neighbors. The boys laughed. Hannah looked at them and said in her most serious voice "No! Don't laugh! That wasn't nice to burp it was rude!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was petting the dog. Hannah came up with a bubble blower and Molly started to lick it. Nehemiah said "bad dog". I told him that it was ok, she wasn't bad. Hannah said "Yeah, she's not bad she's pitiful!"

Hannah was playing restaurant. She was taking orders "Mommy what do you want?"

me: Jellybeans

Nehemiah was playing in the other room. He heard "jellybeans" and went running to the cabinet that once, pre-Easter, held jellybeans.

me: Nehemiah, we don't have any jellybeans.

Nehemiah: (said with a growl) Oh! I. Want. Candy!

It was too funny to scold him for his bad tone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I have an appointment later on today. I showered and dressed (in maternity clothes... they are a must now) I came out of my bedroom and all 3 of the kids burst out with some serious laughter. I stared at Roger, looking for help, an explanation for their sudden giddiness. Nehemiah came up to me, held my hand and said "You look like a farmer!!"

Thank you children. You know how to make a fat pregnant lady feel loved.

(For the record, I am not wearing overalls. I have a denim spaghetti strap dress on.)

1 comment:

Mary@notbefore7 said...

OH. My. Goodness. The farmer comment was too too funny :)

Happy TTT!

Feel free to link next Tuesday to this post :)