April 16, 2009

Home Decorating Help

Our house is coming together nicely. If I were on top of things I would have pictures to show you, but I'm not and I don't. Just imagine no more filth and a lot more pretty.

The next thing that I would really like to do is paint. I'm waiting for my mom to come visit for that one. (Mom, please still come to visit) I enjoy being able to have color and not look at white walls. Ugh, how I dislike white walls. I'm looking at neutrals right now... but I seem to stray from true neutrals just a tad. My living room used to be red. I think that was a bad selling point. Some people have no imagination. This time around we want to paint with colors that are a little more likable for all who see it.

I'm rambling because this post really has nothing to do with paint. I just felt the need to tell you that I want to paint. Isn't your life so much better now that you know that? Your welcome.

What I really want to know is what sayings and or scripture would you write on your wall if you could? Any room. Bedroom. Living room. Laundry room. I'd eventually like to invest in some of these. For now I think a steady hand (Hi Mom) and a paint pen will do the trick.

When our church (our church before we moved) built their new sanctuary they had everyone that wanted to come in and write on the floor. (before carpet) There is scripture and blessings written all over that place. Thats cool. I love that on any given Sunday you could be sitting over a prayer written just for you. I love that you could be sitting over a verse that is there to encourage and strengthen the church.
My point is, I like that idea. And since I do still have painting to do I could easily bust out my sharpie and start writing on my walls. So... what would you write?

So... two questions for you... 1 what would you write UNDER the paint, for just you and the Lord to see and 2 what would you write OVER the paint for all the family/guests to see?


Here are 2 that I like.


1 comment:

jmo said...

don't write in sharpie!!! It bleeds through the paint! You'll keep seeing it come up and up and up through the layers. Just thought I'd catch you before it's too late. :)