October 9, 2012

It's a GIRL!!!

Introducing
 Keturah Jubilee

She was born at home this morning at 2:10am. 

 Weighing in at 7lbs 4oz
 and measuring 19 1/2 inches long

 She has 2 proud big sisters

 and 2 proud big brothers  (one who is a little unsure about holding something so tiny) :) 
She was a huge surprise 1) she came 5 days early.  HUGE surprise for me.  I tend to be late.  2) Though we never had an ultrasound, we were expecting a boy.  Everything about my pregnancy said "boy" to us.  I had to check a few times to make sure I was seeing things right!  :)  Don't get me wrong though, we aren't disappointed, just surprised! 

We are all enjoying her sweetness.  She (so far) is a content little one.  She likes to be held (which is good because there are many willing hands).  Will post more pictures later in the week.  Just enjoying her for now. 

2 comments:

Davene Grace said...

Oh my goodness, how wonderful!!!!! A home birth - wow! You're my hero. :) Someday I'd love to hear more of the details of how that went (no pressure though). ;-) I love her name!!! Oh, I'm just so excited for you. Enjoy those sweet snuggles!!! :)

sara said...

So excited for all of you!! Love her name ~ blessings on your day!