The girls received some birthday money (Thanks Aunt Amanda!) and couldn't wait to go shopping. We walked up and down nearly every aisle in StuffMart. We looked at baking stuff. Play dough. Barbies. Hair stuff.
I got cankles.
Finally they decided on t-shirts and puff paint. :)
This took MUCH restraint on my part. I wanted the girls to do what they wanted to do to their shirts. I didn't want to take over (but I wanted the shirts to be pretty!) I showed them on a piece of scrap paper how to make the paint come out slowly. Then, with a deep breath and a little prayer I handed over the paints to the girls.
So far, so good.
Crud. Adaiah's dots are getting bigger and bigger. They aren't even dots anymore. They are like 1/3 of the bottle blobs. Honestly my concern at this point wasn't for pretty. My new concern was that Adaiah was going to polish off a color and Hannah would be upset. I joyfully suggested new colors. Thankfully they joyfully accepted.
And you know what? The shirts are cute. Not what I would have done, but it wasn't my birthday money! :) I smile when they wear them. It's their creation. It's adorable. They are adorable. I love my girls.
*side note's: I have no idea what Adaiah has all over her face. She's a mess. :)
Adaiah has a stye on her eye, in case you were wondering why it looks a little puffy.












No comments:
Post a Comment