October 4, 2012

hormones and an ipod

The children's ministry at our church is awesome.  They just wrapped up an 8 week series entitled "I love my Bible".  Every child received a Bible.  (They gave out something like 200 Bibles) Even Adaiah got one!  It's great for Bible time now here at home.  The Bible that they got is actually a Day by Day kids Bible.  So every day we read together.  It's something I've wanted to do with my kids for quite sometime but I wasn't sure how to start. 

Anyway, part of this I love my Bible series included scripture memory.  Each week the kids were sent home with a new verse to memorize.  The following week they recited their verse and if correct, their name was entered into a drawing for a new ipod touch.  The 3 older kids all knew their verses every week.  Most weeks Adaiah did too. (but she was too young for the ipod.  I think her class/age group had a different prize, but she doesn't go to her class) 

So this past Sunday was the final Sunday.  Excitement was in the air! Roger went to children's church with the older 3. (Nehemiah likes having someone there with him.)  I went to "big church" with Adaiah.  Close to the end of the service Adaiah started doing a potty dance, so we had to waddle our way past a few people and have a potty break.  (Note to self: don't sit in the middle of the pew!!  Aisle seat.  Aisle seat!!) I decided I wasn't about to waddle myself back into the service.  I'm pretty sure I hit the person in front of me with my big belly as I squeezed down the row.  *blush*

So Adaiah and I went down to the kids wing and found a seat right outside of the children's service.  A few minutes later I hear the children's pastor call Joseph's name.  I jumped out of my seat, surely scaring every person that was now in the hallway.  I tried to peak in the window to see why his name was called, but I couldn't see anything.  A few minutes later Roger and the kids came out.  Joseph was smiling from ear to ear... and holding a brand new ipod touch.  He won!!!!  The extremely pregnant and hormonal me was fighting back tears.  I felt like such a dork, but I was so excited for him!  I never once thought that one of my kids would actually win the thing. 

We've spent the past couple days downloading apps and seeing what the thing can do.  Well, keeping in mind that I only download the free stuff.  :) Joseph's favorite apps are the Bible, and a learn the State's game.  Suh-weet. 

I don't think a day has passed that he hasn't said "Can you believe it?!  I STILL can't believe I won!"   :)


2 comments:

jmo said...

CONGRATULATIONS JOSEPH!!!! That is so awesome! :D Have fun with your new and special prize! Great job. :D

Davene Grace said...

Wow! What a wonderful gift from God to bless him in such a way!!! :)

I totally get the hormonal, cry-about-any-ol'-thing part, too. ;)