May 20, 2011

A Party for Yoshi

Nehemiah has an extensive collection of stuffed animals.  All of which he sleeps with and plays with on a daily basis.  His favorite is Yoshi.  No doubt about it.

Yoshi goes to Lowe's with us.  Yoshi goes to church, to Walmart, to the park.  He is very loved.


We have a dry erase calendar that we use for school.  If something special is planned we use it to count down the days until that something takes place.  Somewhere along the line Nehemiah decided that April was lacking in things to count down to.  So he announced that it was Yoshi's Birthday.  He talked about Yoshi's Birthday for days, planning his cake, talking about decorations, creating a guest list...

How could I say no?

So I baked Yoshi a cake.
This isn't a very good picture.  It's an egg shaped cake - made to look like Yoshi's egg.  The cupcakes are simply what I made with the extra batter.  Nehemiah shook Yoshi around to blow out his candle. :)


I bought Yoshi a present.
  I didn't get the present wrapped so he was hiding so he couldn't see it.
 opening
and I made a very happy 6 year old.

We all went outside and enjoyed Yoshi's birthday present.  :)  (in case you are wondering, it was bubbles and a wand to make giant bubbles)

It was a fun day.  The kids enjoyed it. I was going to buy them the bubbles anyway. (shh, don't tell them that)   It was great... until Nehemiah noticed that May was looking rather bleak in the count down kind of way.  Apparently Donkey Kong is turning another year older soon. :) 

No comments: