December 4, 2010

Birthday Cake and Christmas Ornaments

 Birthday Cake
I got more cake stuff for my birthday!  I love the shape of my new pans.  Doesn't it make a cute cake?




Christmas Ornaments
Every year the kids get to pick a new ornament for the tree.  I love this tradition.  It is so much fun to look at ornaments past to see what things the kids were into.  Like Hannah's 2nd ornament (which would be the ornament she received when she was 1, the exact age Adaiah is now).  It is Curious George, because Hannah was so curious and into everything. That girl was a climber.  And Nehemiah's monster truck ornaments sure are special.  :)  Some people like to have a pretty tree with the ornaments and lights all "just right".  I like my tree to tell a story.  And the story my tree tells is one of my children.  I love it.
This was the best picture I could get with all of them in it.

Hannah chose a My Little Pony ornament.
Nehemiah chose Mr. Potato Head.
Joseph chose a "Jesus ornament"  I absolutely love that this is the one he wanted.  He passed over the Star Wars, the shiny things, and the blinking kind to pick Jesus. 
And Adaiah got a tiara.
 Apparently she isn't a tiara kinda of gal.  :)

1 comment:

Davene said...

No, "it" doesn't make a cute cake. YOU make a cute cake!! I'm in awe of your ability. The cakes I make taste good, but they don't look like anything special. :)

That is so sweet about Joseph choosing the Jesus ornament - I love glimpses like that of the faith that is developing in children!