I already want to move to the country, live on a couple acres, enjoy the quiet life... but a few weeks ago we went to visit some friends (have I mentioned that some friends from PA moved down? It's been such a blessing to have them around!) and their new property. They have a few acres of some of the most beautiful land I have seen. It's got it all, a pond, trees, rolling hills... it's just missing the house. They'll get there though. :) The beauty of it all, the quiet, the excitement in the little things... it all makes me want the country life even more.
purdy.
My kids went fishing for the first time! (Hannah on the left and her friend Symantha on the right)
(Friend Trent on the left and Joseph on the right)
Hannah was just having a grand ol time. :)
We just happened to visit on the same day they got a new puppy! I can't handle the cuteness of this picture!
Know what the men are looking at? It's rather amusing. Nehemiah was fishing. He kept yelling "I got one! I caught a fish!" and Roger would say something like "oh, ok." or "It's probably just trash buddy" Well, turns out Nehemiah DID have a fish! It was just a tiny little thing but he did get one... but it got away every time he started to reel it in.
So Roger took over. On a Lightning McQueen fishing rod.
For the next 15 minutes Roger worked at catching that sneaky little fish that he didn't believe Nehemiah caught! :) (I'm not sure if it was ever officially caught)
After fishin' everyone headed up to the "house" for dinner over the fire.
I could just eat him up! I think he should wear hats more often. Look at him! Ah! I love my kids. :)
Umm, sorry bud, but you kinda singed your marshmallow. (and notice Nehemiah in the background woofing marshmallows like they are air!)
Adaiah enjoying the fire.
The hosts of it all. These two just make me smile. Jerub was a groomsman in our wedding. Jewell and I were in young adult group together. (well, so were Jerub and I) (Roger too) Jewell and I were also a part of a wonderful little group of women, Daughters Of Zion, that got together to discuss some amazing books and pray with and encourage one another. Wow, seems like ages ago. :) Anyway... love these two people.
Thanks for having us over! Now to find a few acres for ourselves. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment