We had a follow-up appt today with the pulmonologist just like the ER Dr recommended. I've had a little while to calm down, otherwise this post would not be G rated.
Roger met with the nurse practioner, which was fine. She was nice. She asked questions. She wanted to give him reflux medication. And she was rather insistent that he goes back to the Dr in their practice that specializes in allergies. Cause she really thinks his allergies are out of control.
Now, when Roger met with the allergy guy a few weeks ago he was told that there wasn't much to be done. There was a med he could take, but the Dr didn't recommend it at this time. Roger agreed. The Dr also said that he didn't think allergy shots were for him. Roger agreed. (He had the shots for 2 years while in PA... didn't really work) So the NP saying that he needed to go back to him kinda left us scratching our heads.
We turned down the RX for reflux. After we left we talked about it and said that if the family Dr would have prescribed it we would have been more open to it but this Dr just seems to be throwing medicine at everything. On our way home we stopped at the store and picked up some over the counter reflux meds. He'll give it a shot, although we don't really think that is the problem.
Anyway, after turning down the RX the NP seemed frustrated. I asked her if there are more tests that can be done. She said no. Then she went to get the Dr because she was in above her head. The Dr came in and asked a few questions. Said that Rogers problem doesn't sound like asthma. He told him to take some Aleve. He said that it was his chest joint, it's not in his area of practice. Aleve should help.
Here is where the post would no longer be G rated. I'll spare you my initial thoughts. They were bad.
We are unsure if we will keep the appt with the new specialist on the 14th. Our next plan of action is to go to a chiropractor and to a naturalist. Neither of which I thought we would ever do. Times they are a changin.
In the meantime, Roger is feeling a little better. He can't do a whole lot but he's not sleeping all day anymore. He can talk and I can actually understand him. Improvement.
1 comment:
Just a thought, have you considered acupuncture. You never know, and I guess at this point ALMOST anything is worth a shot. Better than more drugs I guess.
Post a Comment