So, he turned 5... and we made him a monster truck cake. :) We went with a monster truck stadium and used a monster truck that he has been wanting (Backdraft) as the truck that runs the course. (this is the 2nd year of the monster truck theme. Last time we made a truck out of cake) As you can see, he loved it. :) He was so excited when he woke up to see his cake finished. That made staying up till almost 1am worth it. Really, it did. :)
I am not totally loving this cake. It's not what I wanted but this was already about the equivalent of 4+ cake mixes. I couldn't justify the design that I really wanted. I also ran out of sugar. (!!!) So did the grocery store. Yup, no powdered sugar. So... I didn't get to cover the cake in fondant - which in my opinion gives a cake a much more finished look. The "dirt" was supposed to be around the whole cake board but I ran out. Some little people ate some before it made it's way to the cake. Eh, whatever. Nehemiah loved it. It's yummy. It's going to work with Roger tomorrow so we don't eat it all. :)
*note: he did not eat all of that cake. He didn't even eat all of the icing off of it* :)
...and now he is 5. I know this because he has reminded me about 37 times today. :)
1 comment:
Valerie, what an awesome job! He looks purely delighted! It's funny I make cakes for my kiddos birthdays too, (nothing like your spectacular one's) and they don't even eat it, Why?
Post a Comment