February 16, 2010

The great blizzard of 2010

Ok, so it wasn't a blizzard. And coming from the East Coast, where there was more snow on the ground than this when we loaded up the moving truck, this was barely a snow BUT rumor has it that my town hasn't seen this much snow in 20 years!
(#1 Jan 14th, 1982 8.0"
#2 Jan 30th, 1949 7.5"
#3 Feb 11-12th, 2010 6.0"
#4 Jan 14th , 1944 6.0"
#5 Feb 1-2nd 1985 5.5")
You have no idea how happy that makes me. I'm hoping its another 20 because I am so tempted to move down to the equator. I do have a heart for Brazil. :)

It was beautiful to look at and was enjoyed for the day that it was here.


Adaiah doesn't have a jacket or snowsuit or anything. We have a bundle me that goes inside her car seat. So I didn't know what to put on her to go outside! She has on 3 layers, plus 2 hats. :) I must note that her head must be bigger than Hannahs because I know Hannah wore this hat over the winter months when she was a baby. :)
Joseph thought the trees were great. Our old house didn't have a single tree in the yard, so the beauty of a snow covered tree is new to him. (well, ok... other people in PA had snow covered trees, but he never got to play with one before)
This just cracked me up. Right outside our back door is a patch of grass that could handle a bit of grooming. My father-in-law planted some seed when he was here back in November (October?) and it has just grown like crazy. For some reason the fullness of the grass mixed with the snow amused me. It's the little things in life. :)
The kids swingset was buried. They enjoyed brushing all of that snow off (and throwing it at each other)
A tree branch came down by the shadow (aka the metal ugly shed). Thankfully it didn't do any damage.
Hannah wanted to make a snow angel, so what did she do? She went to the muddiest spot in the yard to create her masterpiece! (luckily she backed out last second because she was cold)
The smallest snow man around. I could not find gloves for the boys. I know we own some... just don't know where to find them. So they walked around kicking the snow w/ their hands in their pockets most of the time. But every once in awhile they would pick up some snow and pack it on the tiny snow man - then quickly shove their hands back in their pockets. It was soon after this that I decided I was freezing and the trees kept snowing on me and I DON'T LIKE SNOW. So I convinced them to come inside and we enjoyed a cup of hot chocolate. By evening it was slushy and by the next morning it was gone. (Yay!)
And this boy.... He is just the best 7 year old around.

1 comment:

jmo said...

AWW. What great pictures. And I can't believe how BIG the kids look. (I know, I know.. i say that every time). Love the description of the hands in pockets- LOL.