This week I changed some stuff around with our school schedule. We are still trying to figure things out since we don't have a ready made box curriculum for 1st grade. I'm happy with our changes this week. Especially with our worship time. We either start or end our school day with worship. Joseph has a terrible memory for what they sing in church. Terrible. 20 seconds after church is over he can't even mumble 2 words of a song. So we are starting from scratch with his Christian music choices. (ok, not truly from scratch. He does know some of the chorus parts from a few various songs. Oddly, I didn't choose any of those songs for our song of the week) This week I decided to teach Joseph the classic Lord I Lift Your Name On High. I think it was the first song I ever learned as a Christian. Since I was saved in YWAM, I also happened to learn it in Spanish first. Thats another story.
Anyway, this has become a favorite part of our school day. It doesn't hurt that we found a totally jammin version sure to be a hit with 6 year old boys.
For your listening pleasure.... Lord I Lift Your Name On High.
1 comment:
That's a great song!! It takes me back because I think I had it on a Petra Praise album from...I forget what year, but a while ago! I'll have to show this version to Josiah and David. :)
What a wonderful thing to include in your "curriculum." :)
Post a Comment