May 26, 2009

Tiny Talk Tuesday * Starring Nehemiah*

I'm at the point in this pregnancy where my belly button is no longer an inny. The 5 of us were all goofing around the other day and the kids pulled up my shirt to let the baby in on the fun.(zerberts were given) My belly button was sticking out and Nehemiah slowly put his hand out to touch it. Then he screamed and ran away.

That evening when I was putting him to bed he would NOT lay down until I showed him my belly button. Luckily it wasn't sticking out as far as it was earlier in the day and apparently that equals not as scary. I passed whatever test he was giving me and he went right to sleep.

**********************************************************************************
On one of our Lowe's trips (there are many these days) Nehemiah decided he wanted to check out some power tools. He pulled me by the hand (and sometimes by the waist) to each and every tool. He would then introduce each one "Dis is da screwdriver 3000!" (drag drag drag) "Dis is da biggest! 3000!"

Apparently cable tv has taught the boy that the best of everything is a "3000". :)

We went through each screwdriver and nail gun with a Nehemiah given 3000 name to each one. Finally we reached the end of the display and were able to head towards the register to pay for our paint. Half way there we passed a table saw. Nehemiah stopped in his tracks. (I may or may not have stepped on him.) His eyes were wide as he exclaimed "Da table 3000!"

Nehemiah doesn't mind shopping at Lowe's.

3 comments:

Mary@notbefore7 said...

LOWES and boys - a great match :)

Belly button is so funny! Scary belly button...LOL!

Kimmie said...

And he is so cute, how could you not love listening to his power tool conversations.

I am sure he can teach me a thing or two.

Enjoy your outie. Hope everyone manages to see and sleep.

Kimmie
mama to 7
one homemade and 6 adopted

Kimmie said...

Hi Valerie;

Just popping in to say Hi and to catch up on your beautiful family. How are you all doing?

Kimmie
mama to 7
one homemade and 6 adopted