May 4, 2009

Let's talk paint colors, shall we?

Here are our new paint colors. You get swatches for now... I'll show off the walls after I actually crack the lid off the paint. (which I'll be doing with a screwdriver. Did you know Lowe's now charges for a stinkin' paint can opener?!)
Anyway let me introduce you to our color choices.

Top left corner is Misty Morning Dew (aka blue) this will be the living room wall color

Middle Row on the left is Irish Tea (aka brown) there is a small wall separating the living room and dining room. It will be done in brown (on both sides). The table and hutch will also have this color in it somewhere (yet to be determined where)

Middle row in the middle is Oakmoss (aka green) This will be the kitchen/dining room walls. I really like this color. I wanted the hutch to be this color and the walls to be brown but the brown was too dark for the room. :(

Last row in the middle is Cream In My Coffee (aka um, cream?) This we are using a lot of. This will be the trim in the kitchen, Dining, and Liv room. We also plan on (eventually) adding wainscoting to the living room and it will be this color as well. The hutch and table will be painted this color too. (with brown accents??) (I'm open to ideas here!)

If I think about it too much I change my mind. I like all of these colors, and I like them together I just can't make up my mind where/how to use them. So if you have any brilliant ideas let me know. First on the agenda of painting is to finish the bathroom. (which is also Cream In My Coffee. Color will be brought into that room with fabric) So you have until tomorrow to stop me from making a terrible mistake. :)

(If you want to see the picture more clearly just click on it and it will get bigger.)

1 comment:

Jen said...

Unfortunately I have the interior decorating sense of a child, so I won't be able to stop you if you are making a mistake. Dave makes the final call on wall colors around here. Hope the painting goes well and I can't wait to see the end result. Paint always makes such a great difference.