December 5, 2015

A post that includes the older kids :)

This blog has been all baby since Zion was born.  It's probably about time I post about the older kids.


Adaiah lost her first tooth! It happened on Nov 14th.  I'm pretty sure all 3 of the older kids lost their first tooth at the age of 5.  Adaiah has been waiting a long time to join the "lost tooth club".  I thought she would be a yanker, but as it turns out she is not! I pulled it out. :)  


 Above: Before

Below: After

Her grown-up teeth were already coming in quite a bit.  The tooth on the bottom that looks like it is in the middle of her mouth, really isn't.  It was just so wiggly too that is seemed to move over once it's little tooth neighbor fell out.  I have since pulled that one too. :)

Keturah loves to dress up.  I have to hide her fancy dresses if I don't want her to wear them on just some random day with no place to go.  When she gets a fancy dress on (like the one above) she usually says something like "Oh, thank you Mommy!  It's so pretty!"  And then she proceeds to twirl around the room watching her dress spin.  :)  Her normal footwear for a fancy dress is not her Daddy's boots though.  :)


We have had such a mild fall.  This picture was taken in early November. Compared to the November we experienced here last year... this is amazing!
The girls spent hours playing outside.  They played in the sandbox or in the yard with Barbie's.  They liked to wrap the Barbie's up with the fall leaves and pretend that they were fairies.  Keturah in particular was pretty bummed when our leaves were all raked up and burned on the burn pile.  She loved playing fairies with her big sisters!



Of  course, the kids have also been making a fuss over their baby sister!  Nehemiah doesn't like to hold her... she's a little small and delicate for his liking.  He DOES love to make a fuss over her though.  He will be in the middle of school and suddenly hop up saying "I need to give Zion a kiss!"  Joseph is the only one with the privilege of holding Zion while standing. :) So he enjoys walking around with her.  Both of the boys will do anything for a smile.  Joseph might be 2 weeks away from being a teenager but he's not afraid to use some babytalk in front of people if it means he can earn a smile from baby Zion!


 The girls do their fair share of fussing over the baby too.  They make sure she has her nunny (pacifier) and that her blanket is on.  They are quick to sing her a song too.  I've been scolded a few times by one of them to "sing to her Mommy! She likes it when you sing!"


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love the boot look on Keturah! Adaih looks like your twin...or maybe mine if she loses a few more teeth! Love to them all.