December 23, 2015

2 months

12/11/2015
Our sweet little one is 2 months old already! She's growing like a weed.  Her 0-3 month clothes are getting a little snug.  Don't tell her, but for Christmas she's getting 3-6 month clothes! :) I haven't weighed her recently but at 7 weeks she was 10lbs even.  I think it's safe to say that she's at least 11lbs now.  After Keturah who was such a slow grower, it feels like Zion is growing SO fast.  The other kids all grew at about the same rate as Zion but I guess since Keturah was the last baby she's what I compare to.

Zion is starting to sleep pretty well at night.  She usually goes down at 10pm and sleeps for about a 5 hour stretch.  She'll wake up to nurse and then go right back to sleep.  She will wake up every 1-2 hours to nurse before we get up for our day around 8am.  Not too bad.  That 5 hour stretch is marvelous.

We got our first giggle a couple nights ago.  So she was 9 weeks.  She smiles and coos and makes cute squeaky noises that are almost giggles... but we got our first real giggle.  She was on my bed and I walked up to her and said "hi".  She smiled ear to ear and giggled.  :)  It's the little things.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think she looks like Nehemiah in this pic!

Valerie said...

I can't remember who, but someone from church was telling me that she looks like Nehemiah. I need to dig up some of his baby pictures.