March 24, 2014

These are the days

These are the days that I treasure. The days that are so ordinary - but awesome.  

This particular day (that the following pictures were taken), was just another Monday.  Mondays in our house are usually sad days.  Kids (ok, and me) miss Daddy.  They grumble about school and chores.  This Monday though... it was special. 
Breakfast wasn't anything amazing... just toast, eggs, and a cup of hot tea or hot cocoa.  (Keturah is drinking unsweetened peppermint tea)

Yet as we sat there together, we found joy in each others company.  We didn't grumble about the long day ahead while Daddy was working.  We didn't talk about the chores that needed to be done or Math tests that needed to be completed. 
It's not that we normally sit down for breakfast with a frown.  Or that we don't enjoy each others company.  Breakfast is often full of chatter.  This morning though it was just different.  There was a joy that blessed us all.
  Jokes, laughter, and smiles were everywhere.
We sat and sipped our tea while we laughed at the silliness the morning provided.
I got lost for a moment in those dimples.

We all found great joy in the little things... like watching a little one experience a yummy drink in a big girl cup.  She was so proud. 


It was the type of morning that catches you by surprise.   
There was no special occasion.  No breakfast donuts. No goal to make the day an amazing one (hmm, but perhaps I should have that as a goal more often... at least on Mondays).
Yet it was a Monday that I will treasure.



I hope the kids will too.  It was unexplainable joy.
It was a contagious joy. 
It was a blessed joy. 
It made me thankful for Mondays... that one at least. 

1 Peter 1:8
Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy

1 comment:

jmo said...

What a WONDERFUL snapshot into the love and happiness of your family! :) The pictures are amazing, I imagine the actual moment was even better. Yay! XOXOXO