Entertaining the 1 year old while the older kids do school has to be one of the more challenging parts of homeschooling. Keturah likes to be where the chaos is, so playing in the living room while we school isn't an option. Her favorite things to do involve being up on the big people chairs and making a mess.
It is pretty much a given that we will have to pick up an entire bucket of pencils and or crayons after school is over. She likes to color... and dump things out.
After having many walls colored with her art, (my only child to have ever done this) I decided to put her on a chair at our dry erase board.
She can spend 30 minutes there, just drawing and erasing. It's usually whoever is watching her (to make sure she doesn't fall off the chair) that tires of the event before she does. I'm not sure that it helped. The boys kept standing up to peek at each other. :) They have all asked to use them again over the week though. I think I need some taller boxes. (and a bigger dining room table)






1 comment:
Great idea! :D They look so adorable as always.
Post a Comment