This Christmas was nice, although we were hoping for a repeat of last year. Last year Roger's family came down for Thanksgiving and we celebrated Christmas with them then. My mom and brother came down at New Year's and we celebrated Christmas with them then. THIS year, no one came. :( Presents were delivered via the UPS man though, so the kids had quite the loot under the tree.
Excuse the girls bare backs.
We open one at a time going in reverse birth order. Keturah knew what to do!
She was slow and dainty about it (which drove the boys crazy!) but she opened everything herself.
I love how they are all craning their necks to see what Adaiah got.
Ha! The boys have no time to smile for a picture... they've got their eye on that present!
I'm not even sure what Joseph opened there. Maybe a Star Wars mad libs book? Nehemiah got a Lego Star Wars book (one of the many lego star wars things he got for Christmas this year) Suddenly watching other people open wasn't as important. He had some COOL stuff to read. :)
Can you see her face? She's saying "oooh"
Adaiah was so excited about this stroller. She wanted it put together right away.
Stocking Stuffers!
Joseph saw what it was before Hannah did.
I think she likes it. (It's her sewing machine.)
Notice the laptop propped on the back of the couch? That's set up so Grandma could watch the kids open their presents via Skype. (well, google's version technically but I don't know what that's called)
Play time! The little girls were checking out the Aqua Doodle.
When asking Adaiah what she wanted for Christmas this little microphone was the only thing she asked for! It's a $5 toy - that I almost forgot to buy!!! I searched ALL over Toys R Us just days before Christmas trying to find one. The store was a disaster, nothing was in it's place. Just when I was about to give up, I checked the aisle it should have been in one last time (this was round 3). I seriously cleared the shelf looking for it... and there it was, behind other stuff that didn't belong. *sigh* Thank you Lord for helping me find that. We had one happy little girl. It's all she wanted!
Ha! I don't know why I like this picture (below) so much. This was getting into the afternoon. She'd been up since something like 3 or 4am. Poor thing was exhausted.
Hannah loves to build Lego's. She started asking for Lego's on her birthday. Her favorite part is the build. The boys enjoy building but they love playing. Hannah doesn't like the playing as much as she does the building. :)
Ah, video games. Between this and Lego's the boys had the rest of their Christmas vacation planned out for them.
You sunk my Battleship!
Look at that messy table. Oh, the Christmas clutter.
Even though family didn't make it down this year (and we didn't make it up), we had a great Christmas. Roger took some time off work so we were blessed to have him home with us for a few days in a row. I love it when he is home!
Now, grab a hold to the end of your seats... I still have New Years to catch up on!





















No comments:
Post a Comment