March 31, 2013

Parenting 101

The other morning Joseph and Hannah were arguing and driving me crazy. It was still early in the morning and I knew that if they didn't get along, the day was going to be a bad one.

So I got creative.

I handed them my camera and gave them some instructions: Go into the boys room (their room is bigger) and come up with a skit. You both have to be in it. You are not allowed out of that room until you are both laughing. If you argue while making the skit, too bad. You are not allowed out until there is a funny video and laughter.

LAUGHTER!

So, off they went to make a video. The first few minutes I heard some arguing over who was going to do what. The door was closed though, so it was muffled arguing that did not hurt me ears. :) Pretty soon the arguing turned into laughter. Real laughter, not just "Mom won't let us out unless we're laughing", laughter. :)

This is the video they made.

No comments: