...which was way back on Feb 14th. Oops.
Nehemiah's Birthday started off with a bang. Well, maybe not a bang, more like a click. We were taking Roger to work and the car had trouble starting. The plan was to have the car so we could pick Roger up from work and go out for a birthday dinner straight from work - hopefully beating the Valentine's crowd of diner's.
Change of plans. First things first, drop Roger off and go buy a new battery. (Thankful that it was only a bad battery and nothing major, but the timing was kinda lousy) So with 5 kids in tow, I headed off to _____ (some boring car store). I looked at the wall of batteries and felt very overwhelmed. I was kinda wishing 1) I had a cell phone so I could ask Roger what in the world I was supposed to be buying or 2)be there to purchase the cute steering wheel cover that was on display next to me.
sigh
Eventually I got what I needed, an employee jumped the van for me and we were on our way.
Nehemiah requested pancakes for breakfast but it was already late in the morning so he agreed to stop for donuts. *I left the car running while we were getting the donuts. :)
Pretty sure everyone was happy about that stop.
Thankfully the car started up for me when it was time to get Roger. We wound up calling in an order and just picked it up on the way home. Nehemiah was happy with that and Roger was able to eat and install the new battery before it was too dark to see.
Nehemiah requested a Swampy birthday cake. Swampy is from the app Where's My Water?
Also per the birthday boys request we did a scavenger hunt with his presents. I made up 8 clues and hid them all over the house. Sometimes he found just another clue and sometimes he found a present with another clue. He LOVED it. It was fun to watch him (and all the other kids) running around the house to find the next clue.
His Grandma bought him a Kindle, and he is in love. :)
He had a great birthday, and other than having to hang out in a car parts store first thing in the morning, he was all smiles.





1 comment:
awesome. All around. :) Love the Swampy cake!!
Post a Comment