March 28, 2013

Nehemiah's Creative Writing

As a part of school, I have the kids write in journals every day. We go about it a few different ways. Sometimes they are writing Scripture, sometimes they are answering a question (ie: What was your favorite thing we did this month?), and sometimes they use story cubes.  Recently we discovered another way to come up with our journal entry.  It's like the story cubes, but they are picture cards instead.  I don't remember where we got them.  Honestly I think they were in a kids meal from Chick Fil A or something. 

It's such a fun way to create a story (both the story cubes and the picture cards) The kids have been doing better with writing a story that has a beginning, middle, and end.

Here is a story of Nehemiah's.  I think it is my favorite story ever.  :)

*note: story continues into 2nd picture.*

In case you can't read 2nd grade boy handwriting:  Once upon a time a gingerbread man ate a banana.  Then a crowd came and wanted to eat the gingerbread man.  He didn't run.  It was his destiny.  The end.  

I laugh EVERY time I read it. 

(I also want to note that I don't correct spelling or handwriting in their journals.  It's simply a time to write.)

No comments: