December 19, 2012

Joseph is 10!

I did it. I blinked.

Now I have 5 kids.

My dear little boy that started it all is 10.  The little bundle that made me go from a loving daycare teacher to a Mommy... is 10.  The chubby cheeked baby, the little bald headed ball of cuteness, the first to utter the word "Mommy" (when speaking to me!)... is 10.  

Ten.

Double digits.



 It's no wonder I have permanent bags under my eyes and worry lines on my forehead!



(above pictures were taken when he was 6.)

Joseph is the sweetest 10 year old boy I have ever met (if I do say so myself) :)  He loves to make people laugh. 
 He still loves Lego's.  I think he'll take after his Daddy and never outgrow that.  :)  
He loves church and learning about Jesus.  He reads his Bible daily.  I love it when a Bible lesson "clicks" with him and he applies it to his life.  
He is a great older brother.  It's sometimes a great responsibility to be the oldest.  You have a lot of little ones looking up to you.  He fills the roll (most days) like a pro.  He's not too cool to play Barbies with his little sisters.  (although he prefers to be Ken... and Ken's head is broken and often pops off.  But that doesn't matter, right?)  He will play with Nehemiah and his stuffed Angry Birds and Mario characters for an entire afternoon.   His imagination hasn't faded with his old age.  ;)
Lately he has decided that he only wants to wear polo type shirts.  He likes being "dressed up" (um, polos are about as fancy as we get!)  

My boy is growing up.  And as much as it makes my heart ache for those baby days, I love seeing who he is growing up to be.  He is one awesome kid.  I am blessed beyond words to be his Mommy.  
(which by the way, he still calls me Mommy.  I told him he can call me Mom but he knows it kinda makes me cringe... so he happily calls me Mommy.  Do you think his wife will think that's weird?) :)  

I love you Joseph!  Happy 10th Birthday!
rock wall at church event

baby sister love

I don't know what game they were playing but I'm glad nothing got broken

The seat of honor: next to Keturah. 
 

No comments: