December 26, 2012

Christmas Eve

We spent our Christmas Eve at home, just hanging out and having fun together as a family. We normally have a picnic dinner at the Christmas tree, but decided to try something else this year. We had pancakes for dinner and then gave the kids a present.




Inside was new pj's for everyone (which we do every year) and a movie
Everyone got a cup.  :)  I just drew on some disposable cups we have and put them in the box.  These were to go with...

the hot chocolate bar!  We had peppermint marshmallows, vanilla creamer, peppermint sticks, and cool whip
snowman marshmallows for dunking
Everyone in their new Christmas jammies  

We watched our movie and drank our hot chocolate and then it was time for bed.  The boys normally read before bed, but they decided Christmas would arrive even faster if they just went to sleep.  :)
Roger and I waited until we were sure all the kids were out for the night and brought out the presents. 
The stockings were filled and placed on the hearth.  I love having a fireplace! 

It was a fun Christmas Eve.  The kids had a great day and we were able to get all of the presents wrapped before the day ended.  :)


1 comment:

jmo said...

What a wonderful Christmas Eve! I LOVE the snowmen dunkers!!! SO cute. I'm totally snagging that. Also, your tree, fireplace, and OF COURSE the children all looked lovely. Glad you guys had a great time.