June 21, 2012

Whoopie Pies

A few days ago I made some homemade whoopie pies.  I usually only make them in the fall, my whoopie pie preference is pumpkin.  (and apparently you can only eat pumpkin in the fall?  I don't always make sense people.  Just work with me.) :) 
Anyway, I made some chocolate whoopie pies. They were delicious.  Too delicious.  I decided I couldn't keep the extras in the house or I would eat them all...  So I brought some to our neighbors.  I had to laugh when we delivered them because it was such a reminder that we are in the South. People have no idea what whoopie pies are down here! 
I left the neighbors with their "strange" dessert, half wondering if they would even try it after the look I got.  Two days later the neighbor came over with a jar of homemade blackberry jam and a bag of fresh tomatoes.  "My husband just loved those things!"  :) 

So I think the whoopie pies were a success.  Strange name, but yummy taste.  Just wait until I make them with pumpkin! 





PS
The blackberry jam and the tomatoes were delicious (though not together!) ;)  I'm wondering what I can bring over next to trade for another jar of jam. :)

No comments: