March 14, 2011

Hannah, growing up


Hannah has really started to love animals.  She has talked about Molly (the dog we used to have) a lot lately.  In the above pictures she is petting a friends dog, Junior.  Hannah announced the other day that she wants to be a veterinarian.  She made sure to specify that she only wants to work with cats and dogs though.  :)  I remember wanting to be the same thing when I was 4.  Makes me smile. 



Hannah is working hard in an attempt to master the jump rope.  A week or so ago her hard work took us to the ER.  She was practicing bare foot and jumped onto a piece of wood.  Roger was laying new floor in the dining room and kitchen.  The front porch was his cutting station and earlier in the morning Hannah swept the porch for him, pushing a little triangular piece of wood into the driveway.  Unfortunately we didn't know that until after she jumped on that pointy little thing :(  I was afraid that she was going to need stitches.  She had a splinter that was deep and things just didn't look right.  I'm not one to rush off to the ER, but I didn't feel comfortable waiting this one out so off we went.  A few x-rays (?? I'm not sure why) and a couple numbing shots later the splinter was out.  She didn't need stitches and we were good to go.  After a few days of rest to let the hole in her foot heal she is back at jumping rope.  She is determined to figure this thing out.  And I LOVE watching her. 

1 comment:

jmo said...

oh my! She is so stinkin cute!