Yup. That would be my dishwasher. (please ignore the fact that my cabinets are the same color as my floor. I want to paint them. It's on (the bottom) of my to-do list)
Apparently when making homemade laundry soap, one should wash the shredder in the sink and NOT the dishwasher. I've been making my own laundry soap for about 2 years now. I have always used my Kitchen Aid shredder attachment to shred my soap. I have always put the shredder attachment (both parts if you are familiar at all with that attachment) in the dishwasher. This time (obviously) was no exception. My 5 gallon bucket was filled to the top. Lid was on and I was happily waiting the 24 hours for my soap to gel up. I was proud that it wasn't even lunch time and I had accomplished making laundry soap! (and ok, I was probably a little too proud, because really, it's so stinkin easy)
I think I was filling one of the kids drinks when I heard the dishwasher making a funny noise. It sounded weird, muffled maybe? I was starting to open the door to check and make sure the blades were spinning (I have a tendancy to stack too high on the bottom and the middle blade will hit a pot/cookie sheet/casserole dish...), my hand was on the handle... then I looked down. I screamed. All the kids came running. By the time they got there (which was like 3 seconds later, we have a small house) I was laughing. Hard. The pictures don't really do it justice. It was a MESS.
So, I took out my shredder (which still had soap on it by the way) pieces and began scooping out the suds. Once I was finished, I turned the dishwasher back on.
Not 10 minutes later I heard the same muffled sound. It was full and leaking. Again.
I turned it off and decided that Roger used to work with appliacnes, this was now his problem.
The End.
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment