October 21, 2009
1 month old
Adaiah was 1 month old on the 19th. I can not believe how quickly the time went! She is such an easy baby. Though she is not sleeping through the night yet she has had a few nights with 4 to 5 hour stretches and she always eats and goes right back to sleep. I can't really complain about lack of sleep... I get plenty.
Taking a little nap with Daddy. I think she is going to be a Daddy's girl just like Hannah. On evenings where she is fussy (and by fussy, I mean she is still quiet, no crying, just a little "off") Roger simply has to walk in the door and the girl is happier. Should he scoop her out of my arms (which he usually does) she conks out on his shoulder. Stinker.
She sleeps in her bassinet but only if she is propped up on the nursing pillow. It kinda holds her in a "cuddle" position. :)
This was an outfit that was given to me for Hannah at her baby shower. You can't see it in the picture but she is also wearing little sneakers that match. Too cute. :)
This blanket was a gift from one of the ladies from church. I think we finally have a baby with a lovie. I can put Adaiah down while still awake, give her this blanket and she will fall asleep. I will be buying a 2nd one from Target shortly.
And here is our 1 month old girl. The picture was taken on her 1 month birthday. She is getting so big already. Her features seem to change every day. More and more big girl and less baby. (although big girl is being mixed with old man as she loses some of her hair!) :) (and I realize she is still very much baby, but those newborn features are being replaced with bigger baby features) Time is moving way too fast. I would be lying if I said I haven't given thought to baby #5. NOTHING is in the plan for another one at the moment... my body is still healing from Adaiah. But it's so hard to look at such sweetness and not think about another. God is good and we'll take what he gives us. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I know exactly what you mean about thinking about #5. Crazy how our thoughts jump ahead, isn't it?
You sound so "up!" I'm glad things are going well for you. :)
Hi Valerie, it has been a long time since i saw you last...OMG, how cute!!! I love her name. Isabelle has the same blanket and she loves it too... i wonder what they put on those blankets that babies love them!!!
Hugs to you and congrats you have a beautiful baby!
Oh she is beautiful. What a tiny little package from heaven.
What a blessing that she loves her daddy! What a blessing that she sleeps so great for you.
The blankie made me smile...a second one is a good idea, it will make your life easier if it proves to be something she likes.
I left you an answer to your post on my blog. Pop back when you get a free moment.
Praying for you. God will guide you as you submit it all to HIm.!
Kimmie
mama to 7
one homemade and 6 adopted
Val, how adorable! Oh my goodness, she is a precious little bundle. I'm so happy to hear she's an easy (if you can ever use that word in relation to infancy) baby!
Post a Comment