June 24, 2017

Summer days...coming to an end?

After some crazy hot days, and some rainy days, we are finally having a gorgeous summer day. We started our day off with a list of chores... The kids loved that. ::rolling my eyes:: Many hands make light work though and our chores were quickly done. The morning dew was still on the grass and we were able to get outside to play.

It's kinda a big deal because although summer just officially started, today is their last Saturday of freedom. We start school on Monday. They've had a 7 week vacation so don't feel bad for them. I don't know if that kinda break even classifies us as year round homeschoolers. Its certainly the longest break we've ever had since Joseph started 1st grade. And it was amazing. I don't want to go back just as much as the kids don't want to go back. I want to finish projects that I've started. Read a few more books. Stay up late. :)

Sigh

Anyway... TODAY... Today we play outside.  We enjoy belly laughs and girly squeals when pushed high on the swings. We jump on the trampoline until our legs get tired. (Doesn't take long for me!) ;)

*sidenote: Adaiah is not under house arrest. She is wearing a Garmin Jr on her ankle. She likes to count her steps/activity minutes.

No comments: