Keturah woke up bright and early. I hadn't slept well so we got ready and went out for some birthday donuts. I'm hoping the kids quit requesting donuts for their birthday breakfast. We don't have good donuts here. They seem to think if they put more icing on them or slap some gummy worms on em, then people will like them. Not a fan. Anyway.... we went out and got some donuts. Keturah sang a made up song about being 4. She was a happy girl.
We had some donuts (she ate the chocolate icing off of hers and left the rest) and she was ready to move on to the presents. :) I made the pictures into a collage. None of them turned out well. I had messed with the settings on my camera and I needed more time than she would have wanted to wait to get it right again. Whatever. She is still so adorable. Through the blur you can tell how big her smile is and how excited she was to be celebrating her birthday. :)
She was funny while opening presents. She didn't squeal like the older 2 girls did. She smiled a lot but as soon as something was opened she put it to the side and was like "next". It didn't come across in an ungrateful way, just an excited little girl way. :) Once everything was open she went back and started to play with everything. She got so many things that she LOVES I don't think she even has a favorite something.
For those of you that know Keturah, you know that she has a bizarre love for Burger King. I don't know what the deal is. Chick Fil A? Doesn't get her excited. Burger King? Squeals of delight. So it was no surprise that she wanted to go to Burger King on her birthday.
We were going to have ice cream and cake at home... but that plan changed too. A week(ish) before her birthday we drove past Orange Leaf. (A frozen yogurt place) All of a sudden that was on her birthday to-do list as well.
She had fun. Not only did she get to go to these places on her birthday... but she got to go there in Grandma and Grandpa's RV! It's like a 4 year old's limo. Coolest ride ever. :)


No comments:
Post a Comment